Computer-video interfaces, signal processing and more
Established in 1983, Extron Electronics is a leading manufacturer of professional AV system integration products. Extron products are used to integrate video and audio into presentation systems for today’s high tech boardrooms, presentation/training centers, university lecture halls, and other applications.Product categories include:
- Computer-Video Interfaces allow the connection of large screen data displays to computers, such as PC, Macintosh, SGI, and SUN workstations.
- Switchers allow routing of multiple computer, video, and/or audio source signals to an individual output device.
- Matrix Switchers route multiple computer, video, and/or audio source signals to multiple output devices.
- Distribution Amplifiers send source signals to multiple devices while maintaining original signal integrity over long cable runs.
- Scalers take one video resolution and adjust it to another to match a video signal to a display device.
- Scan Converters allow recording of computer-video outputs onto videotape for applications such as viewing software information via a VCR.
- Signal Processors can improve the quality of an image by altering a signal, making routing and distribution easier, or allowing images to be displayed in a way that would not normally be possible.
- Ethernet Control Interfaces connect to AV equipment and provide flexible control, proactive monitoring, and troubleshooting of connected products.
- Cables connect all equipment in the AV system.